Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's a Wrap!  (WARNING: Ugly belly photos below!)

Okay, here it goes! It's Sunday and I have a few interesting tidbits to share, including my official before photos.

But first, I'd like to talk about a nice little experience I had Saturday afternoon. It was a busy day, but I scheduled in an Abdominal Wrap! Not just one of those rubber belts that you wear to make you sweat either.  This was wrap was an herbal-infused patch that wraps around the entire front of the belly and then is subsequently wrapped in plastic wrap. It goes on cool, and then burns, just like Icy Hot, but better, and with a clean Eucalyptus scent. I actually liked the burning. It was kind of relaxing in a way, knowing that the patch was working to draw out the toxins from my body. I wore the patch about an hour and then removed it. The first thing I noticed was my skin was (and still is!) very soft now and seemed more smooth. My stretch marks looked a little better too!

So anyway, here are the official results, 24 hours after the wrap!

Before Measurements:  

  • waist 2" above belly button: 33.5"
  • tummy (taken at the fattest part of 'mommy roll'): 38.25"
  • hips: 38.75"
After Measurements:
  • waist, 2" above belly button: 32.5" (1 inch lost!)
  • tummy (taken at the fattest part of 'mommy roll'): 36.5" (almost 2 inches lost!)
  • hips: 38.75" (No change there!)
And now the before and after photo: 



I apologize for the tilted before photo, I was kind of in a hurry yesterday to get out the door, and so I hadn't quite mastered the 'taking a photo of my own stomach' maneuver, and it was a bit awkward! Anyway, as you can see, there IS a slight tightening of the loose skin leftover from three children. And the other interesting thing I am noticing, is there seems to be a healthier glow to my skin in that area! Now, I'll go ahead and say I am VERY white! I am sure I throw off the white balance of cameras when photographed in the sun! So to have any sort of color to my skin is a bonus. I'm not sure if maybe the flash just bounced off my belly differently in the second photo or what, but hey, I'll take it! :-)


SO, I am told that if I keep drinking water, I might lose more in the next 72 hours! I will post an update tomorrow sometime, and let ya'll know! :-)

WRAP INFO:

  This particular wrap is by ItWorks!   and I got the wrap done by Alisha Devlin in Yuma. Hit her up on Facebook and say that I sent you, if you want to try it! It's $30 and I highly recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. wow desiree... you can really see a difference in just the 1 day!!! very cool!

    ReplyDelete